Pediatric Partners is growing and looking for an experienced and dedicated team member to join our Business Office in the role of Business Office Specialist – Intake/Billing at our Fargo Clinic.
Pediatric Partners specializes in providing care for children from newborns through young adulthood. We offer outpatient therapy and mental health services in a unique fashion that both patients and therapists love: in our state-of-the-art treatment facilities as well as visiting patients in their home, daycare, or wherever in the community is most beneficial for their treatment plan.
The Business Office Specialist under the direction of the Business Office Manager would maintain an efficient business office environment providing excellent customer service to patients, families and therapy providers while ensuring billing processes are completed in a professional manner in accordance with the mission set forth by Pediatric Partners.
- Processes all incoming remittances for patient billing
- Conducts insurance billing claim appeals with insurance companies
- Ensures communication within EMR is accurate and up to date for patient care and billing
- Monitors insurance code changes and communicates insurance denial trends to Business Office Team
- Processes all new patient information, including yet not limited to personal, insurance and financial information
- Works with scheduling requests for new and existing patients
- Conducts insurance verification for each patient with insurance providers
- Monitors all patient authorization status changes
- Engages patient families in financial counseling for clinic in a friendly and efficient manner as needed
- Maintains strict patient confidentiality via records, conversations and EMR system (HIPAA)
- Uses EMR system to provide appropriate information to providers and institutions, including Release of Information requests
- The Business Office Float will be trained in all area’s of the business office to help maintain efficiency and balance workloads within the department during times of need.
- Associate degree in medical billing field or related experience
- Understands the insurance system for appropriate patient information
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft office and phone systems
- If you are a smart, caring, dedicated individual, with strong a desire to collaborate with others and make a difference in children’s lives, then this position may be for you. Salary dependent on experience.