Pediatric Partners is growing and looking for an experienced and dedicated individual to join our Bismarck team in the role of Business Office Specialist – Intake.
Pediatric Partners specializes in providing care for children from newborns through young adulthood. We offer outpatient therapy and mental health services in a unique fashion that both patients and therapists love: in our state-of-the-art treatment facilities as well as visiting patients in their home, daycare, or wherever in the community is most beneficial for their treatment plan.
The Business Office Specialist – Intake under the direction of the Business Office Manager would maintain an efficient business office environment providing excellent customer service to patients, families and therapy providers for all new patients in a professional manner in accordance with the mission set forth by Pediatric Partners.
- Processes all new patient information, including yet not limited to personal, insurance and financial information
- Works with scheduling requests for new and existing patients
- Conducts insurance verification for each patient with insurance providers
- Engages patient families in financial counseling for clinic services in a friendly and efficient manner as needed
- Maintains strict patient confidentiality via records, conversations and EMR system (HIPAA)
- Uses EMR system to provide appropriate information to providers and institutions, including Release of Information requests
- Monitors all patient authorization status changes
- Ensures communication within EMR is accurate and up to date for patient care and billing
- Communicates with Therapy Management Team for accurate scheduling of patients
- Answers general business office questions
- Provides information to leadership as requested
- Under the guidance of the Business Office Manager, assists with Business Office policy and procedure development
- Communicates new efficiencies in intake processes and insurance guidelines
- Performs other duties essential for the running of Pediatric Partners practice as assigned by supervisor or other designate
- Associate degree in medical billing field or related experience
- Understands the insurance system for appropriate patient information
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft office and phone systems
If you are a smart, caring, dedicated individual, with strong a desire to collaborate with others and make a difference in children’s lives, then this position may be for you. Salary dependent on experience.