Pediatric Partners Clinic is currently seeking a Pediatric Mental Health Counselor. Pediatric Partners is growing, and we are looking for highly qualified, experienced and dedicated individuals to join our team.
Working with children and adolescents, offers guidance to promote mental health and wellbeing. In collaboration with the therapy team(s), providing detailed and planned care for patients in accordance with the principals and goals set forth by Pediatric Partners.
- Encourages children and adolescents to express their feelings and counsels on how to develop insight into themselves and relationships
- Uses diagnostic evaluations including interviewing, assessment, result integration and feedback for patients as a part of multidisciplinary team
- Provides counsel to patients, individually or in group sessions, to assist in overcoming issues and developing skills and strategies for well-being
- Educates and promotes safe and socially acceptable behaviors with patients and family/caregivers in order to build a rapport utilizing communication, social interaction, and problem-solving skills
- Collects and reports behavior data accurately
- Collaborates with family and treatment team members to develop effective treatment plan
- Maintains confidentiality and safeguards all patient related information per HIPAA
- Accurately documents, maintains and bills in EMR system
- Demonstrates sound judgement in heightened situations and reacts appropriately and according to prescribed training methods
- Acts as staff advisor to and participates on various committees, as needed
- Researches new therapy treatments, procedures and policies
- Demonstrates time management to complete all required documentation for medical records and billing
- Mentors therapists and students as assigned
- Participates in educational programs, in-service training or workshops to remain current in methods and techniques
- Performs other duties essential for the running of Pediatric Partners practice as assigned by supervisor or other designate
- Current ND license: Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW), Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor (LPCC), or Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) required. required. Supervision hours are available for LAPC and LPC.
- Current CPR certification
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Understands insurance system for appropriate billing
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to navigate EMR system, Microsoft Suite and internet
- Ability to read, write and speak English
Salary is dependent upon qualifications and experience.
Job Type: Full-time