Pediatric Partners Clinic is seeking an Occupational Therapist – Early Intervention.
Provides specialized Occupational Therapy education to parents and caregivers of children birth to three. Teaching families how to incorporate OT specific learning opportunities into their day-to-day activities while assisting families in finding support and connections within their community to help their child be successful in accordance with the mission set forth by Pediatric Partners.
- Provides education for families to assist qualified children in meeting developmental goals in their natural environment
- Evaluates and consults with PPC team members on education plans for children and families specifically within the Occupational Therapy field of expertise
- Develops Individual Family Service Plans (IFSP) to educate, support and guide families to assist in meeting child and family goals
- Educates parents, care givers and team members on appropriate Occupational Therapy activities including, yet not limited to feeding, diapering, sleeping, and other daily living skills, within daily routines to fulfill developmental goals
- Works as a team with other Pediatric Partners team members on goals set for family plan (IFSP)
- Maintains strict patient confidentiality via records, conversations and EMR system (HIPAA)
- Engages families using developmentally appropriate activities as part of the learning process
- Adheres to all standards set forth by IDEA (Individuals with Disabilities Education Act) federal and state programming
- Reinforces all areas of development through coaching and modeling while giving parents and care givers tools for continued learning
- Uses EMR system to provide appropriate information to providers and institutions, including Release of Information requests
- Refers families to other PPC services as needed for additional treatment
- Works with families of children transitioning from Early Intervention program to next steps in child’s development
- Delivers education to other team members through formal and informal informational sessions
- Provides services to all children and families assigned within the Early Intervention program
- Recommends toys, treatments to Pediatric Partners leadership for program development
- Under the guidance of the Early Intervention Manager, research techniques beneficial to family plan development
- Performs other duties essential for the running of Pediatric Partners practice as assigned by supervisor or other designate.
- Licensed Occupational Therapist in North Dakota and Minnesota, NBCOT
- Field experience working with children birth to three years of age preferred
- Ability to read, write, and speak in English required
- Current driver’s license and auto insurance
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft office and EMR systems
- CPR Certification
- Works ethically, with integrity and upholds Pediatric Partners values.
- Must possess solid analytical skills and sound decision-making capabilities.
- Ability to present recommendations in a timely, clear and concise manner.
- Ability to take initiative, be a strong team player, and respond to work demands in a flexible manner.
- Ability to provide timely, high quality service in a deadline-oriented environment with minimal supervision.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills.
Sign on Bonus and Relocation Stipend available to the right candidate!