Join us in Celebrating National Occupational Therapy Month: Make the Impossible, Possible!
Each day, our Occupational Therapy team works to improve a child’s physical, social, and emotional development to better respond to sounds/sights/smells/textures, problem solve and teach different ways of thinking. A child’s life is made up of “occupations,” or daily activities and we are spending the month with activities, challenges and prizes to help celebrate their success! For the month of April, our team is encouraging children to identify an area of focus: Mindfulness, Positive Thinking and Daily Routines and celebrating Making the Impossible, Possible!
- Mindfulness/Positive Thinking builds awareness on the present moment; calmly noticing your emotions and physical sensations without judgment and not over reacting or becoming overwhelmed by what’s going on around us. You can be mindful in whatever you do from sitting quietly and breathing, eating, or playing a game.
- Daily Routines offers ideas to build success around family time, play time, outdoor play, bed/nap time, meal time, bath time or hygiene/grooming, household chores, cooking, or socializing with siblings or peers.
We are proud of our compassionate team of Occupational Therapy experts, who are committed to making a difference in a child’s life. Each day, working alongside the families every step of the way…making what might seem impossible, possible.
- American Occupational Therapy Association
- The Pocket Occupational Therapist
- Mindful activities for young children
- 7 Fun Way To Teach Your Kids Mindfulness